Monday, July 12, 2010

Retired Marine & Family Looking for House to Rent in Placerville/Pollock Pines Area

My name is Thomas Silliman. I am a VA rated disabled veteran living in Pollock Pines. I have a problem/situation and I thought you may know of some contacts for help.

In September, we will no longer be able to pay the rent for the house that we have been living in for almost a year. We have tried finding low income housing, but nothing is coming up through the traditional means (searching craigslist, Mt. Democrat classifieds, etc). This inability is due to I am a veteran on Vocational Rehabilitation so I make a very limited amount of money per month. My wife Jeana is unable to work due to having emergency open heart surgery on May 25th of this year, so she is still recovering from that. We have been living/splitting rent with my sister-in-law who is being retired out of the military in Sept, and moving back to the east coast.

I have no idea of where to go, and I hate to see my family homeless. I have a 17 year old step-son who is going to be a senior at El Dorado HS in the fall, a 23 year old step-daughter with a 1 year old son (Jeana and my grandson), and with what Jeana has gone through.

I am a former U.S. Marine, so asking for help/assistance is a very difficult thing for me to do, so I must apologize if some of this is garbled and seems a bit thrown together.

Any help/advice you can render would be greatly appreciated, and I anxiously await your response. We are looking for at least 3 bedrooms, but at present, the only amount that we could afford would be $700-$800 per month. I only make about $1000, so that would be stretching it considerably but we need a place to live. We are trying to stay in the Placerville/Pollock Pines area. We currently live in Pollock Pines.

Our contact information is:

Thomas and Jeana Silliman

3241 Sly Park Rd

Pollock Pines, CA 95726

Home Phone# (530) 344-7009

tassilliman@gmail.com

If there is anything else you need, please let me know. I am also willing to do some physical work to help offset the cost of rent if needed or allowed.

Semper Fidelis,

Thomas Silliman

No comments: